March 3 | 2017
Posted By ProTELEC CheckMate
Realtor Safety At The Office
- Always carry a charged cell phone. Make it part of your everyday apparel for immediate accessibility.
- Turn on your Checkmate Professional app and set safety checks 15, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes for the amount of time alone in the office.
- Secure all unused doors and windows, especially if they are in the rear of the office and out of sight and ear shot.
- Keep your windows and counters clear. Robbers can be dissuaded from attacking an office if it’s clearly visible from outside.
- Keep a radio or TV playing loudly in the back room when you’re alone in the office – do whatever you can to make it look like there’s someone else there with you.
- Lock office doors after hours.
- Whenever possible, avoid being at the office alone, try to leave work before it gets too dark or the streets become empty.
- Immediately report harassing phone calls to your employer and to the police.