10-Second Rule for Personal Safety
Rule for Personal Safety
Take 10 seconds when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a cell phone at your side.
- Is there questionable activity in the area?
- Are you parked in a well-lit, visible location?
Take 10 seconds after you step out of the car.
- Are there suspicious people around?
- Do you know exactly where you’re going?
Take 10 seconds as you walk towards your destination.
- Are people coming and going or is the area unusually quiet?
- Do you observe any obstacles or hiding places in the parking lot?
- Is anyone loitering in the area?
Take 10 seconds at the door.
- Do you have an uneasy feeling as you’re walking in the door?
- Is someone following you in?
- Does anything seem out of place?
Personal safety should always be on your mind! So follow these rules and ensure that you’re always safe.